Friday, March 29, 2013

42 escalators later


Today I utilized 42 escalators. 

Kind of an interesting take on things, but when you do 42 escalators daily once or so a week you get time to reflect upon  - -  well......things. 

So what did I reflect upon.....

I reflected upon - giving up

I kept thinking how hard things are, and then given that today is Good Friday- the day Christ was crucified, I kept comparing my hardships to his. And try as I may, and whether you believe Jesus is the son of God or not, I do think we can agree that he was a person who was beaten and crucified - - right?

So today was hard..FORTY-TWO ESCALATORS hard!!!!  and not to mention the pressures of the work-day. 

And was my day as hard as Jesus' day- today, some 2000+ years ago. The bible says - - "and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit" 

I try to think what it is like to; give up my spirit, and I cannot. As hard as my days may be, to give up, and to give up one's spirit is beyond comprehension. 

Tonight, after 42 escalators, and countless work encounters and trials and tribulations of the day, what is it that revived and relaxed me?

It was slowing down. 
It was smelling the flowers. 
It was talking to my neighbor. 
It was breathing. 
it was the moments. 

We all need to do more of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment