Friday, February 8, 2013

TOP LOVE SONGS CONT. (imo)

When Margaret and I first became romantic these are the songs I remember as being my love songs.      "Ah! Leah!" Donnie Iris     - Mar would go to take care of her grandmother in Philly and I wouldn't see her for days, and this song; Ah! Leah!, this classic pop harmony bubble gum song . The lyrics were on my mind and more importantly, my heart.
"I see you lips and I wonder who's been kissing them....I never knew how badly I was missing them"
"Your'e looking better then a body has a right to". These lines were dripping with desire. Me for her.

Well I could go on about Ah! Leah!, but since I am offering up 3 songs today we move on-
"You Better You Bet" Pete Townshend aka The Who- Sense a theme here? I wanted commitment in my mind and hers ( I hoped). The lyrics of the song are a promise. The song goes through life's ups/downs, but on the promise "you better you bet" everything is spelled out, I like that. And the fact that the song says "I just like your nose",  well, I've told Margaret a million times how much I love her nose.

"What I Like About You" The Romantics
This is in my mind THE song for my wife and I. This is high energy, jam it out, jump around, spin around.
I do dance. It isn't pretty and this is my favorite dance song and a top love song.
"you really hold me tight" Does it get any better, you bet!
"you're whispering in my ear, tell me all the things that I want to hear, and it's true...that's what I like about you!"
I want to dance just writing about it!
"when you go up down, jump around, think about true romance" I love dancing that part and more!

So there you go....
Day 1 - Silly Love Songs
Day 2 - Ah! Leah! - - You Better You Bet - - What I Like About You

Day 3 is in the works....stay tuned.

Mar did ask if I was jealous of her grandmother- "I see you lips and I wonder who was kissing them", I was never jealous of her grandmother, but I didn't know what our relationship was and until we developed our relationship, I was unsure and not confident. Of course it is now 31 years later and then as we do now, we have love and happiness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment