Thursday, February 7, 2013

top love songs of all time (imo) day 1

It was 1976, the year of our bicentennial and I was a 13 year old teen male with a growing body, an extreme lack of confidence and an exceptionally strong desire to be in love with every girl my age that would walk by. 

Every summer there was a carnival in Bellmawr, NJ put together by the local Catholic Church where my grandparents and in particular my great Aunt Mimi would take us children; siblings and cousin alike.

With spinning carnival wheels promoting early gambling and rides aplenty we would be in our glory. Enjoying the evenings as special as they were. 

There was this one night....atop the Ferris wheel with the stop and go of the loading slowing life down to measurable moments....when far above the flashing lights and din of the crowd a song played. 

Silly Love Song written by Sir Paul and Linda McCartney, performed by Wings. 

The simplicity of it's pop was overwhelming and yet the lyrics hooked me - - -pure wisdom and it was then I had an epiphany. 

"you'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs, but I look around and me and I see it isn't so"

"some people wanna feel the world with silly love songs...and what's wrong with that"

That line, there it is...THE EPIPHANY!  "what's wrong with that????". There is the wisdom,  there it is....what's wrong with that. Really...what's wrong with filling the world with love songs, filling the world with love. Being in love, showing love, knowing love and WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT, I'd like to know, 'cause here I go again!!!"

I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment